Thursday 22 November 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

Well, who would have thought we can find so many cheerful things with the pouring rain, howling winds and the darkened nights. My first thought about writing this post was "Yeah, right! Like there is anything to be cheerful about right now." Then I felt like an old miser so sat down determined to think of something. Here is my list for this week.





PhotobucketI am taking part in the Fat Mum Slim Gift Exchange hosted by the super, amazing Chantelle. If you haven't read her blog, I would highly recommend that you do. This amazing lady has just organised an International Secret Santa Gift Swap. If that wasn't brilliant enough, over 300 people have joined up, that's a lot of organising!! I have stalked my lady sufficiently and found her a few goodies to send. I have felt a little bit odd following someone for information but it's all in a good cause. I am starting to feel a bit nervous about whether she will like her gifts. If I have interpreted her information correctly. I would hate for her to open her parcel and be disappointed! I would love to keep in touch with her. Her blog is hilarious so I shall definitely follow that! I shall be packing it up this week so fingers crossed, she likes it.

We are making good progress with the boys new bedroom. My husband has been up there working away preparing the walls ready for papering. I think it is nearly ready so my Dad is going to come over and talk us through hanging paper. Neither of us have done it before and he did the other bedroom for us. I am quite looking forward to getting it finished. I have an image of what it will look like and I think they will love it! Very exciting. 
This also means we will be in a room on our own. No babies wandering about in the middle of the night or sleeping on the floor (Chaos of course!). It will be very strange. We also need to buy a new bed frame as ours is too wide for the room. I have seen a few that are fairly narrow and look nice so now we just need to save up to get one. I'd like something like this. Nothing fancy but looks light and airy, if you know what I mean. I'm not a fan of heavy solid sleigh beds or the like. I prefer lighter woods.

My little Squish pot is 1 next week! Can you believe it?! A whole ONE!! He is always a reason to be cheerful. He is happiness itself. He has a chest infection at the moment and apart from being really poorly yesterday, he is back to his usual grinning self. He is such a little cutie and definitely the sunny son! I have yet to organise his cake and decorations but I have sorted out his present so I'm not panicking... Yet!! I really hope he is better by his birthday, and Chaos, come to think of it. It will be miserable if they aren't very well. 
He is so beautiful that I have totally forgotten the other reasons I was going to share. Wishing you all a Wicked Weekend and see you back here next week with our Chief Chirper, Michelle!



4 comments:

  1. Lovely reasons :)
    Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab reasons! I hope you will share pics once you have finished decorating, I would love to see! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1!! I hated that landmark birthday, they become whole walking, talking humans! Haha, lovely reasons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with that DIY, it tend to find that so overwhelming. I bet the boys are excited to have a new setup for the for the season. You lil man is SOOO adorable! He must be a joy :0) I hope there are things to be cheerful for this week too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!