Monday 17 December 2012

Reverb '12 Days 14 - 17


I realise I'm not doing very well with daily posts for this but it is giving me more time to think about what I'm going to write. I am loving the way it is making me think slightly differently about the past year too. Without further ado...

Day 14
What Is The Path That Brought You Here?
This year I have struggled a lot with my inner demons which has resulted in Post Natal Depression. I have tried to fit the role that I have set for myself along with some unbearably high standards. Needless to say I fell short and blamed myself for being useless rather than realise I was expecting too much of myself. I became so far removed from my former self I could no longer remember what I was like. I almost lost my husband and things were very bleak. 

Gradually we have found a common ground again and I am feeling much better than I was. Having been so completely and utterly lost for so much of this year I am looking forward to spending the coming year discovering a new me. I want to learn and move on from this year. Too much has happened to go back to who I was so I want to embrace the change in a positive light rather than being saddened for what is lost. 

On pnd days having the boys feels like a real restriction and makes me frustrated. I would like to be able to overcome that, as it is not how I feel for the most part. I love my boys, even when they are impossibly hard work. 

Day 15
What Tickled Your Tastebuds?
What a great question! I can't think of any specific dish that stands out particularly but I did go out to eat for my birthday. We went to Jimmy Spices which is a restaurant in Bath. The food is cooked to order and you can have what ever you want. There are dishes from all over the world, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian. It's amazing and a great place to go if you want to try new foods. It's an all you can eat buffet so you can spend all night eating your heart out if you really want to! 

Day16
Who Inspired Me This Year?
Firstly, I have to say my husband. He never ceases to amaze me in his devotion to us. I have found things really unbearable between us during parts of this year but somehow he has kept it together enough to keep us going. He will put himself out endlessly for us and is working ridiculous hours at the moment just to feed us all. He is amazing. 

I was also extremely inspired and motivated by John Bishop. Watching everything he went through on his Week From Hell for Sport Relief was amazing. He was so moved by his trip to Africa and the plight of children out there he went way beyond the expected to deliver sponsor money of over a million pounds! How can you failed to be inspired by him? I am planning to raise at least £1,000 for Unicef next year (so watch out for more datails of how you can help).

Day 17
How Did You Make A Difference?
I can't think of anyone really! My brother in law stayed with us for a few months, after moving down from Scotland. Until he found his own place. Fortunately for him, my Gran moved into a home leaving her furniture to anyone who wanted it. We pretty much kitted out his flat thanks to her. I was there when he got the keys, helped him move his stuff in, chased up the builders to do repairs, organised his whole family to chip in and buy him a carpet. I think he is the main one that I can think of.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I knοw this is kinda off topіс but I was wondеring if you knew ωhere
    Ι could find a captсhа plugin
    for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
    having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

    Visit my site; How to make your dick bigger without pills

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!