Saturday 5 January 2013

Reverb '12 Day 25 - 30



How Will You Be Vulnerable?

I have a lack in confidence. I think this will always prevent me from blowing my own trumpet or getting too big headed. On the other hand, I would like to keep it balanced and have some faith in my capabilities. I am hoping to find this balance over the coming year.

How Will You Make Time?

To find the time for the things that are most important to me, I must spend less time on the things less important. Obvious when you think about it but not an easy task to achieve. I have numerous books on time management and making the most of my minutes yet I still waste time throughout every day. There are times when there is nothing I would like to do more than play the playstation for a couple of hours or lose myself in a book but there are always more important jobs to do.
This year I want to balance out the things that have to be done with the things I want to spend my time doing.  The biggest challenge will be not feeling guilty about doing my own thing!

How Will You Honour Your Creativity?

Towards the end of last year I rediscovered my enjoyment of creativity. Making and painting with  the boys was great fun and I look forward to doing more of it. There are also new crafts I want to try my hand at such as sewing, knitting, crochet and felting. I am not sure yet how I will work these into my new routine but I'm going to try.

Overcoming My Fears

I have had a lot of fears over the past year. I am happy to say they no longer take up time in my day. The biggest fear I had was that I would never get over post natal depression. It did terrify me for a while that I would be like that for ever. I think any other fears I had were related to my mental state at the time, such as my parenting ability and the welfare of my boys. As I have recovered I have realised that I am no better or worse a parent than anyone else. I think these fears have pretty much taken care of themselves.

Have You Heard Your Word?

I didn't really have a word for 2012. This year the word that resonates with me the most is "Believe". I feel I need to have more belief in myself and my capabilities. I am hoping to push myself beyond my comfort zone this year so I am sure some days my belief will be all that keeps me going.

What Can You Celebrate NOW?

I am so pleased to have come through all the tough situations of the past year. We adjusted to our new house, another little baby in the family, the incredible ups and downs of married life, the great depths of depression, my Mothers successful fight against Cancer and the ever tightening financial pressures of a low income. We are still here, we are still together and we are still smiling at the end of every most days. That is worthy of celebration in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!