Thursday 24 January 2013

So Proud of My Boy


I am linking up with Emmy Mom to share my pride this week. Usually, I waffle on about how my babies are achieving new things and it's amazing watching them develop every day. This week I want to tell you all about my big lad, for he too, is amazing!


Today, I went to my sons school for parents evening. This one was a little different as there was also an options information session. I can't believe my baby is doing his options already!! Where did all that time go?! That's a whole 'nother post.

We had a 20 minute talk on how to help him choose his 4 subject options for next year. They gave some good advice and practical do's and don'ts. They also explained how the selection process works and the need for a second choice of subject.

Once that was over, we headed off to meet the teachers. I arranged to meet his Maths, English and Science teachers, as they are the only academic subjects he is going to do after this year. All three said that he was lovely, very mature for his age, could produce some really good work and was really working hard to achieve his best. I am so proud of him as these are not subjects that come easy to him. He is in the process of being tested for Dyslexia and finds reading hard work. He also finds mathematical problems hard to decipher so struggles quite a bit. Despite this he is working to and above his predicted level and has increased his predicted GCSE grades too. I am so proud of him. He is such a wonderful lad and I want to do everything I can to help him achieve his goal of working for NASA.

I have not spent as much time with him as I could/should have over the past 2 years as I have really struggled to cope with the babies. This is why Bigs achievements mean so much to me as he has done it on his own. I feel proud (of him) yet slightly ashamed (of me) to have to say that. I am going to change that and help him reach his target of level 5 in each of these subjects by the end of the year to ensure he goes into a higher level class next year.

My Lovely Lad x

2 comments:

  1. well done - how fab! And what an amazing goal he has. Can't wait to read all about him working for NASA in years to come - may his dreams and wishes come true! My 6 yr old son wants to be a space chef (as well as running his own non-space restaurant) so their paths may well cross - hee hee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great night-- so nice to hear positive feedback from the teachers. It is easy to get busy with the others but it sounds like he is doing so wonderfully.

    Thank you so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!