Saturday 30 March 2013

Spring Gift Swap

This fabulous swap was hosted by Joy from Welcome to Daisy Row. I love doing swaps as I love to buy for others and usually forget I am getting something in return! I have been unusually late with this one and I am so sorry to Liz who was my partner. I have also been slow to post about our goodies too so without further ado...

I was partnered with Liz from Handmade Homemade Lizzy. A fabulous lady with a love of gardening and the outdoors. Hop over to her blog and read about her recent trip to Hong Kong with lots of fabulous photos!

The rules were to fill a plastic tub with spring related goodies and wrap the whole thing in some fabric.

I don't have fabric at home so I mixed some PVA glue with some paint and painted my tub. Unfortunately I got too much paint and not enough glue so it took about 5 coats to cover it properly! I put some little flower and butterfly stickers on the lid to brighten it up a bit too.


These are the things I got for Liz
Some yummy Mini Eggs, A sunflower thermometer for the garden, a wooden butterfly bookmark,
a little gnome plant stake and a gift book of happy quotes.


This is one of the pages of the book.
Such a lovely sentiment.


I found some lilac tissue paper and popped everything inside it's nest.


As I was searching for brown paper I found some fabric I bought to make a duvet cover for the cot. 
I don't think it would suit either of the boys now but I still love it! 
I found some rose ribbon to tie it up with before wrapping it in brown paper for Mr Postie.


I got home from work after a particularly trying day to find a parcel waiting for me. While I got my camera the boys swiftly removed the outer layer for me and this pretty parcel was underneath. 


Here are all my goodies all spread out. It cheered up my day no end!


You may have noticed that the chocolate bunny didn't make it from one photo to the next. The boys swooped on it and it promptly disappeared! 


(They didnt get a look in with the Haribo though!)
I love these gorgeous bunnies, they are so sweet. 
Im keeping them well out of the boys reach!


I love all these little packs too. 
I am going to make some Easter cards with the boys tomorrow so these are perfect. 
I love hoarding crafty things as they have so many possibilities. 


I have been planting some seeds with Chaos this last week so I might help him plant these in some funny pots I got from Asda. I have a bee, a frog and a pair of wellies. He will love to watch them grow. 

A huge thank you to Liz for our fabulous gifts and to Joy for hosting this lovely Spring Swap. It certainly brightened our day! 

Happy Easter everyone! 
xx

1 comment:

  1. So pleased you enjoyed the swap, thanks for participating,
    Joy x x x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!