Thursday 23 May 2013

From Little Acorns.....

This evening, once the boys were in bed, I have been out in the garden. I started off doing a bit of tidying in the outhouse. Then I found the bag of potting compost I had covered up last year sometime so I decided to put it to good use.

I had forgotten just how theraputic gardening is. Digging about it the earth has a very grounding effect on me. Somehow I feel closer to who I really am, if that makes any sense at all? It's like going home or being exactly in the right place. I can almost feel my batteries recharging.

I love nurturing my little plants. They all have a bit of history and are all a bit special to me so I shall take you on a wander round my garden. Hurry up, the sun's setting...


These are my two little fushias. 
As I'm not sure if I'm moving I have put them in a bigger pot rather than plant them out.


These are my two little Oak trees. I have grown them from acorns. 
I planted them the year we got married so they are 4 this year and still going strong. 


These are just pretty and popping up all over the place at the moment.


Last summer we didnt have much money to spend on gardening or plants. I went out and collected poppy seeds from around the village and spread them around the garden. This one is just about to open.


I love the bright orange against the green back ground. 
Poppys are so delicate yet so strong and resilient at the same time. 


This is my Peony. 
My Dad has a Peony in his garden and grew this from one of its seeds.
I planted in out last summer and this is it's first flower. I love it!


There is a little Fig tree that rarely does much. 
It does have a few Figs on it every year but I have yet to try one.


This is another special plant. 
My Mum took a cutting from my Grannys Camelia several years ago and this is that little cutting. My Granny is no longer with us so this little plant is even more special to me. It has a new flower bud nestled between the leaves. 


I did say the sun was going down! I hope you enjoyed the walk round our garden. I'm sure there will be more to see a few weeks from now so we can go for another wander then x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, I love the story of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a spot of time in a garden for recovering equilibrium or relaxation, highly recommended.xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!