Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Room

I know it's been a few days since I last checked in but things have been crazy at work. I have been running the deli counter (which I know very little about) and also overseeing the shop. It's hard work for a newbie like me! I am soooo glad I only have another week of it to go before I can return to my normal duties. Pheeeeuuuuwwww!! 

So I'm sitting here in my room. Yes, MY room. It feels a bit odd saying it but quite nice too. After all this time of sharing everything, I have my own little space. My husband hasn't moved out yet he is just staying in another room. I know it may seem a bit harsh to some that I have altered the room before he has even left. I have been sleeping in the boys room for so long this has felt more like his room. Even the boys started to call it Daddys room. I felt I should make it a bit more me. 


So, I bought myself some pretty flowers. They were on their final day so only cost me £3! I have moved some of the furniture round so that my Grannys chair is next to the bed. A much more comfortable place to sit and read or blog!


 I also bought a picture of an angel today. It is by Ann Stokes and I love it. Some of her pictures are a little dark for me but I love the Green man and the Unicorns. A talented lady, I think.

  
I have some Ben & Jerrys ready to go so I am going to watch Super Soul Sunday on catch up with Oprah and relax in my room....
Hope you all have a lovely evening too

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good time with Ben and Jerry! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely, your post really struck a chord with me...I remember when I was splitting up from my ex getting my own room. It felt strange and liberating and scary and wonderful all at once. At last I had some space of my own, but my god it was now my space. I did just what you did - put up pictures, hung scarves on the wardrobe door etc
    I hope you are doing ok. I think of you often. I hope you know I'm here for you xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!