Tuesday 14 May 2013

Today

I would just like to thank all you lovely people who have commented and tweeted me over the last week. It means so much to be missed and supported. It is wonderful to have a place to come where I can splurge (great word!) everything onto the screen and know its ok to do that. I am so lucky and grateful to have found so many wonderful people through my little blog. You're grand, thank you. (I will do my best not to bore you to tears in the coming weeks!)

Anyway... On with the show!

Today has been a pretty good day. I took Big to school with the boys then went to nursery to find out if Squish can do a couple of settling sessions this week. He has one tomorrow and one on Thursday. I really hope he is ok as I am very reluctant for him to go. I know it is me more than him and I'm sure he will be fine. The thing is, he's my baby. My last one and I want to make the most of this precious time with him. I feel it's different with him because the other two had my undivided attention. Squish has always had to compete with Chaos for attention and I don't feel he has always had his fair share.

The original idea was to put Chaos in nursery so I could spend some quality time with Squish, doing all the classes and groups I did with the other two. Now, things are different. Now I work and won't get to spend that special time with him. That breaks my heart if I'm honest. I feel I have already missed so much with him through juggling my time with his brothers. I'm not going to lie, he is a Mummys boy and I love that about him. I love that he runs (or stumbles) to me with his little arms out for a hug as soon as I get home from work. I love that he calls me Mammy or Ah-Meee. I love that I just have to look at him and he beams a huge mega watted smile back at me. I love that he is happy 98% of the time. I love that he is uncomplicated. He is simply beautiful inside and out.

Delicious!
Sorry, I got a bit carried away there! After we went to nursery we popped to a shop and had a wander round, in three different directions! Always makes for an interesting visit. The boys were really good and didn't pull anything off the shelves on their wanders. They each chose a book and some chocolate. Chaos got a sticker book about Tractors and Diggers - his ideal book! Squish found a Chuggington book and CD which he was very happy with as he has just learnt to say Chuggington. Feeling a little tired we all headed home for some warm milk and a cup of tea for me.

I have had a few enquiries about our house on home swapper. It is great that we are getting some interest so soon. It has made me realise a few things though.
*We have accumulated quite a lot of junk in the last 18 months
*Our house is a tip
* The downstairs needs some desperate attention and a lick of paint.

I know you're all probably all thinking, "you should see my house". Seriously, there are bits of laminate missing where Chaos has pulled them up. They have torn off bits of wall paper in random places. There is a huge stripe of lime green paint in the kitchen from a tester pot. Chaos has smeared weetabix on one wall and we cant get it off now it has dried! There are nails, holes, patches of filler and cables all over the place left from the previous tenants. It is a lot of work and I would be quite embarrassed to show anyone around here at the moment, to be perfectly honest.
I have spent a bit of today clearing out some of the junk we have hanging about. I am going to take some to the charity shop tomorrow. I don't want to lug half this stuff round the countryside. Once I have downsized our belongings I will work out what to do about the decor. I think if I just gave it a once over with some paint it would freshen it up a bit. I am heading in to town in the morning so I will quickly whip round in a minute and rustle up a few things to donate to charity or recycle. Hope y'all had a good day too x

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're using your blog as your head space Kat. You have been missed. Hope you're ok xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, you're a gem! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I wouldn't worry too much about anything you've inherited from previous tenants, most people want to decorate to their own taste, anyway. Sorry I haven't been very supportive, I read all your posts and you are in my thoughts, if there's anything I can do to help please let me know - I'll be away for a few days from today, off to Surrey to see my new granddaughter. Will email when I get back x x x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!