Sunday 23 June 2013

A Soft Place to Fall



All of a sudden,
He was there, 
In front of me.

Fresh faced, 
Clean shaven,
Bright eyed.

The shock and surprise
Made me gasp
I don't remember breathing out again
But I must have

Taking it all in 
I realised his mouth was moving
I'd heard nothing
Then it stopped

His eyes gazed back at me 
Enquiring
"Ummm.... Hello??"

Then his hands were holding my face
Softly, gently, perfectly
Then his lips were on mine
And I crumbled

My strength left too
When he took my breath away
For me 
There is no softer place to fall








14 comments:

  1. Oh, does this mean what I think it might mean? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww this is so beautifully written i love it http://wp.me/p3xFlg-y6 thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments wp.me/p3cVCs-TP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a lovely poem. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So come on, put is out of our misery - is this real life?! I love the way it's written, really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! Thank you so much!! I wrote this after seeing my husband yesterday. A week is a long time....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!