Monday 15 July 2013

Plans

In the interests of preserving my slightly fragile mental state, I have decided it is time I wrote about something other than the huge ton of Poopikaka that seems to have engulfed me recently. "Thank f**k for that!" I hear you cry, quite honestly I can't blame you either! I have every sympathy with those going through it but you don't want to read about it every sodding day. So, this post is about my plans....

Yes, I thought it was high time I made a few changes around here. There is nothing wrong with council houses and I love ours but I do feel we have slipped and now fit into the stereotype. The grass is overgrown, there are toys strewn about the garden along with broken pallets. Wallpaper has been ripped off the walls and patches have been drawn on. There are bits of filler on various walls all needing sanding. Basically, it's all a bit of a mess. As we have been here nearly 2 years, I think it's time I got on with sorting things out.

I have been given the rest of the month off (for good behaviour!) and plan to do a bit of sorting out. I took some photos today and thought I could share my plans with you. I will keep you posted on my progress, obviously.


This is our patio. I am hoping to fence the length of the garden at some point. I also want to take all the slabs up and level it all out. I think I will get rid of the flower beds and pave the whole area. I want to build up the wall on the two sides to make it a bit more separate to the rest of the garden. Not much work there....


This corner was originally going to be the site for the boys playhouse. Unfortunately, there are bees that gather in the willow tree in the autumn making it dangerous for the boys. (I also couldn't see us having the time to build one so I bought one) 
This is now going to be our Quail pen. Big is going to build it with my Dad over the next few weeks so we can keep Quail and perhaps a bantam or two. I'm hoping to put a small hole in the wall of the outhouse and make a nest area for them inside so they are safe at night. You can't tell from the photo but the ground is very uneven here so it needs digging over and leveling out. I was going to turf it all then as seed wouldn't have enough time before the birds go in there.



Squish sunning himself before breakfast


This is the Outhouse/ dumping ground. It is a total mess and needs sorting out. There is a separate bit at the far end with a shelf/worktop. Its behind the white wall. That will be the inside area for the Quail and we will build a door to go in the gap so they are enclosed and safe from the boys and dog. 



 This is my sitting room. Also a mess. I have washed all the leaves off the walls from Chaos' jungle party last year and taken all the wall paper off. I think there are a few patches that need filling then its ready to paint. We have some lilac paint to go in here which Im sure will look great. We had the fire place boarded up recently so there is a gap in the carpet where the hearth was. I'd like to get a really nice carpet in here so its a cosy room to relax in. The boys will take some training to keep it tidy though!



 Here are some plants we bought at the market today. Some grasses, two pretty lupins. Unfortunately the pink one got broken in transit. A Star of Bethlehem, which is really pretty.


I also got two more lavender plants for under my front window and these pretty pink flowers. I'm not sure what they are but they smell lovely. They look like frilly skirts from the side.






I haven't had a chance to plant any of them yet but Wednesday is looking good so I hope the weather is going to be ok. 

I should think that list will keep me busy over the next 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted on my progress

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant!! Excellent plans. I can't wait to see the photos of after! ! I always find that a project like this is so rewarding in the end and living in a place you have done up your self will feel great. You can do it Kat!!! X
    Sararh ( s.h. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!! Excellent plans. I can't wait to see the photos of after! ! I always find that a project like this is so rewarding in the end and living in a place you have done up your self will feel great. You can do it Kat!!! X
    Sararh ( s.h. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great to read you being so positive, Kat, looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. Dont work too hard in this heat, though!
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what wonderful projects - and the results will give you such a thrill when complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's quite a lot of work, but on the upside you have a lovely space to work with. It will be like a dream when you are done :0)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!