Friday 12 July 2013

On With The Show



The yellow sun warms my skin
Its such a welcome feeling after all the rain
I'm laughing with friends
Loving the company and conversation
The boys are playing happily together
Ice chinks in the glass as we take another sip
Looking round, there is something missing

I can't put my finger on it for a second
Then suddenly it's hard to breathe
The lump returns in my chest
It starts to burn as I remember

I can't quite catch my breath
Is it real?
Is this really happening to me?
To us?! 
Surely not
It's a dream right? 

Pain grips my heart with every breath
Gone
My family and our future
Gone
I want to cry
I want to wail until it doesn't hurt any more
I want to hide under my duvet and not come out
(that's the only safe place ever, right?)

I want this shadow to go
To stop reminding me
I want to be happy again
I'm sick of pretending
I want to be in his arms
Where it used to be safe

That's not going to happen
So I dry my tears
I have to be strong
The boys need happy
Enough of this now
On with the show

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing - hang in there, you will find stability and happiness again. Trust in this truth.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!