Sunday 29 December 2013

2014 - The Year Of The Horse



This is definitely going to be a year of starting afresh for many people as New Years Day coincides with a New Moon. I have spoken to many people and they all seem to have de-cluttering in mind.

The Chinese New Year starts on the second new moon following the Winter Solstice, which is the 30th January. 2014 is the year of the Wood Horse.

This is definitely going to be a year of new beginnings for us and what better way than in a new house! We are leaving our quiet little village and returning to the town where the boys go to school and nursery. This will be a positive step for all of us.
Big has spent most of the Christmas break at his Dads house so he can see all his mates. Once we have moved I'm hoping he won't have to stay away so much, especially at Christmas. It will also put an end to the long school run which will save tons on fuel. I'm actually planning to use my bike most of the time. My parents got me a helmet and I found a kiddies trailer at the boot sale a month ago. Bye bye muffin tummy!!
The new house is also a bit smaller than this one so that means less cleaning too! WIN! There is too much space here and we seem to have collected a lot of junk in the last two years.

I have registered as self employed so I can start a business as an alternative therapist. I need to start doing something other than looking after the boys. I can feel the shadows creeping back in here and there.
 I have signed up for a business start up course in January as a refresher. It's been ten years since I was my own boss so things may have changed a bit.

I am doing a course with Ross Bartlett in February. He wrote the book Earth Angel and is one of the youngest , most successful mediums. I have always had things just pop into my head and it's something I want to explore a bit further. Who better to learn from than one of the best in the world!

I also want to do the Level 2 Silver Spheres course with Moira Bush. I'm not sure when it is yet but I love the energy it creates. I also met some wonderful people with great insights on the last course.
I'm sure there will be other courses I will be drawn to along the way and I will keep you updated with them.

Other things I'd like to do this year are...

Doing my motorcycle test
Learning the harp or at least try it first. They make beautiful music.
I have a few ideas for books so I'd like to get one of them "out there"
I would also like to start a drop in center with different services on offer. Eventually I'd like to start a retreat somewhere but a drop in center is a good place to start.
 I would also like to do some volunteer work with the homeless

I should think that lot will keep me going for a while. I honestly can't wait to get started. At the moment I am busying myself trying to downsize all our stuff. Luckily, it's not as bad as it sounds. I'm quietly enjoying it as it's having a cleansing effect on me. I have to try not to be too ruthless, especially with things that aren't mine!!

5 comments:

  1. I started decluttering my studio yesterday, it's a very therapeutic exercise. Loving all your ideas for 2014, and will be watching with interest to see how you do. Good luck with the move. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post has made me feel quite emotional! Its exciting to hear your plans and I know exactly what you mean about the need to declutter. I have gone thru my wardrobe, chucking loads of stuff into bags for the charity shop and plan to start on my kitchen cupboards too.Your plans sound great! Keep an eye on those shadows .... you know you can beat them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I was born in the year of the horse so it must be a good one. I've just finished a bring your own business course too. Good luck with all you set out to achieve in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a list, so many amazing things you want to do, must admit some I'd like to add to my list too! Good luck with it all, starting with the house move, which sounds like an excellent step x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Some amazing things you want to do. I hope they all work out for you and good luck for your new life in your new home! Happy new year to you. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!