Monday 6 January 2014

What's The Story? Belfast




Im linking up with Charley from PODcast for this fabulous linky. I have taken loads of photos that have never seen the light of day let alone been seen by anyone. I'm quite pleased with some of them so I felt this was an ideal place to share them. I hope you like them too. 



I took this photo on a plane to Belfast and it is one of my favourites. I surprised my husband with a weekend away for his 18th birthday. Big stayed with my parents so we could have some time to ourselves. It was great. It was our first trip away together alone and we loved it!

I met some of his family and we had a bus tour of Belfast, which was amazing and eye opening. I didn't really know much about the troubles and found it quite upsetting seeing the damage first hand. I can't imagine what living in a place like that must be like. 

We went on the Belfast Eye and walked round the City Hall. In the grounds of the Hall is a statue of Queen Victoria. I had to share this photo as it still makes me giggle when I look at it. 

4 comments:

  1. I love that moment when you fly above the clouds - it's a magical place to me. Great pic of Queen Vic too! #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I should point out Vics crown isn't quite as it should be.... Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that first photograph - just amazing especially taken from out of a plane. Really great to have you here Kat, #whatsthestory is a great excuse to re-vitalise those old pics. Or just post the new ones - totally your call. Thank you for joining :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!