Friday 14 March 2014

Sleep Training - Night Four

  My eyes are sore and watery this morning. I'm sure you can guess from that it wasn't such a great night with Squish. I was half expecting that though as night three was so good. Even though I was partly expecting it I found it much harder to get up quickly that I have done previously.

 I went to bed at 10:30pm so I got a bit of sleep before Squishers first visit. He woke up about 1:30am screaming. How he doesn't wake everyone up I don't know, he is so loud! My husband forgot to open the gate on the boys bedroom when he came to bed so Squish couldn't get to me.

My husband got up initially but Squish screams even louder when he realises it's not me. That's why this is quite tough. It's not just getting Squish to sleep in his bed. I'm trying to wean him off me a bit too. At the moment he wants me to do everything with him. He's very clingy and oversensitive. He is fine with other people when I'm not around though. His nursery suggested it might be a case of the terrible twos. Chaos seems to of grown out of it and within minutes Squish has taken his place!

So, Squish wouldn't have anyone but me so I gave him a cuddle and explained again that he is a big boy who sleeps in his bed. We all have our own beds to sleep in. I said I was just next door, I wasn't going anywhere and I would see him in the morning when he woke up. He was a bit reluctant at first so I suggested he cuddle one of my old teddies to keep him company. I told him I had this teddy when I was little like him. That seemed to do the trick and he hugged the bear tight. Hopeful, I went back to bed.

Half an hour later he was screaming for me again. I called out to say I was in bed and he was ok so I would see him in the morning. It all went quiet - result!
Next thing I know, there is a little person next to me.
"Mummy, can I get in your bed?" Said the little voice. I nearly, nearly lifted the duvet in my semi conscious state. Realising at the last minute I snapped awake. Giving my little man a cuddle I told him again that he is a big boy and has to sleep in his own bed now. I repeated that I wasn't going anywhere and I would see him as soon as he woke up in the morning.
By this point my husband had got up so I told Squish to go with him back to bed. To my utter surprise, he went without complaint! I'm nothing sure I remember my husband getting back into bed or Squish coming in again. Either way, it means I got some sleep before Chaos came in at 6am!

I know we had a rough night but within that I can see little steps forward. Last night was the first time Squish let my husband take  him back to bed so that is progress in itself. Think I might have a little sleep once they have gone to nursery or tonight is going to be a real struggle! Fingers crossed for night five!!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so well Kat and so are the boys. As you said even in such a rough night there are steps forward. I'm not sure I found the positives so easily!xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!