Wednesday 23 July 2014

Birthday Cards


In view of my last few posts, I have decided to try and post something happy or positive for the rest of the week to try to stop myself slipping further into the darkness. They may not be long but they will be focusing on the happy points of the day rather than anything else.

Monday was my Dads birthday. I honestly had no idea what to get him even on the morning before going to see him! I did have an idea for a card or two though....

Over the weekend the boys had done some painting. We had a go and making butterflies which they loved. The anticipation on their faces as they unfolded the paper was priceless! Needless to say, it did get a bit messy but that's all part of the fun isn't it?!



Using a couple of the pictures they had painted, we cut out two and stuck them onto some card. Chaos chose a pink picture which we thought looked like a pig. Squish chose a colourful one he said was a  butterfly. We then got some googly eyes and stuck those on to make faces. Both boys were very pleased with their cards for their Grandad.



To finish them off, I got some paper and wrote "Happy birthday Grandad love"  then wrote their names in dots so they could go over it in pen. They both tried really hard and I am so proud of them. Considering they are only 2 and 3 I think they did an amazing job!



My Dad was over the moon and very impressed with their writing skills too.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!