Wednesday 6 August 2014

#BEDA Day 6


This post is dedicated to ma bestie. No prizes for guessing I'm afraid, as I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. I'm quite sure most of you are also friends with her as she is such a lovely, caring, friendly person.

Back in July 2012 one of my followers on Twitter asked if I was interested in doing a Mug Swap. I had never done a swap before but after exchanging a few emails I was good to go. I'm so glad I did go for it as it introduced me to a wonderful lady who has come to be my closest friend (and merciless piss-taker!).

This person has been with me from the start of my little blogging life and we share many similarities in our lives. I suppose it is these things that have brought us so close together. We have climbed mountains together, in more ways than one! The first time I met her was to climb Snowdon with Team Honk. I was a little nervous as I drove to the station to meet her. After all, I had volunteered to drive a virtual stranger to the depths of Wales to climb a mountain! Hmmm...
It soon became obvious that we would get on fine. I jibbered on for hours with no children to interrupt and she was quite happy to answer my many questions. Even the occasional silences didn't feel awkward. We had a great weekend in great company achieving great things.

We kept in touch with increasing regularity and a year later we met up in February at the SoMum Retreat in Penzance. We met lots of other wonderful Mum bloggers who we have been in touch with online for a while. It was great to share that experience with my friend and we both had the chance to unwind and catch up on the gossip.

The following month she made the trip up to see me. This time there were no mountains, we just slept rough in the park to raise money for the homeless. This time she stayed a few extra days to meet my family. Again, there was no awkwardness she just fit right in to our little madhouse. Instead of getting the train home I offered to drive her home to Cornwall so I could meet her family too. They are all lovely and welcomed me and the boys without hesitation.

Having come up to see us at the start of July, we are off to visit THIS WEEKEND!! I'm a smidge excited if you couldn't tell. The biggest downfall about my wonderful friend is that we live so far apart from each other.

Can you tell who it is yet?!

Yes, it's the very lovely and wonderful Hannah the CupcakeMumma!!


She has been such a huge support and friend to me I honestly don't know how I would have got through all the tough things that have happened this year without her.

My mug from Hannah in my first swap

Victorious (and knackered!) after climbing Snowdon

Sleeping rough in Bath to raise money for Julian House

Ooops... Mamas Retreat

Visiting the Roman Baths in Bath

I can't put into words how much Hannahs freindship means to me but if you have met or spoken to her, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. She's pretty awesome, Right?!

5 comments:

  1. Sob sob *blows nose* love you loads fab photos I forgot about my sea mishap! :) can't wait to see you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You've done lots of great things together. You obviously 'gel'. Lucky people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh bless you Kat, that is such a lovely post. I must agree though, she is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you two are such lovely friends. Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've met so many wonderful friends online too, yours is such a nice story xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!