Tuesday 5 August 2014

#BEDA: Day 5


The Prompt for today is to write about a special memory. I have so many, I'm not sure how to choose just one! I have travelled a bit, had some great times with my lovely boys and worked in some great places. Hmm... How to choose?

My favourite memory has to be our honeymoon. We went to Glastonbury Festival and luckily the weather was great. It was bliss just spending those few days together, alone. Let me repeat that... ALONE!

Obviously, I already had Big when I met my husband so having time to ourselves has always been precious. I think that is what makes our honeymoon so special as it was just us for those special few days.

There was so much to do we didn't see many bands but we tried lots of different foods, did some work shops, slept late and stayed up late. It was perfect.




This heart was a real labour of love and took several hours to make. The effort involved in getting each curl just right was amazing to watch and I loved every minute of it. He was very proud and quite rightly so I think.




My turn next and I made this little mushroom on a wood lathe. I loved starting off with a piece of wood and watching it gradually take shape. I did have to concentrate though as it was quite tricky trying to keep a steady rhythm on the foot peddle and control the sharp tools on a spinning log!


My husband is the only person I know who looks utterly gorgeous in a green plastic poncho. I most certainly do not! 


2 comments:

  1. Ahh love this! Never asked you about your honeymoon before!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time! My husband and I just celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary - and we STILL haven't had a honeymoon, LOL! One of these days we will...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!