Wednesday 31 December 2014

Highlights of 2014

Can you believe the whole year has gone already? I don't know about you but I remember thinking this year would NOT go as fast as previous years. Epic FAIL!! It definitely feels like this year has gone a lot quicker or has somehow been shorter! So,  what happened?

January - The thing that stands out for me was moving house. We left the little village in the middle of nowhere and came back to the town we previously lived in. It was a crazy day as we were swapping houses. As we moved out of our house another family moved in. We had all our stuff in one room so they could put their stuff straight in the house.
Somehow we managed it and moved two houses in a day with me driving the only van for both houses... Crazy!

February - A few days after moving in, I went to Southampton for the weekend with my sister. We went on a Mediumship Development course with Ross Bartlett which was amazing! I realised many things on this course and thoroughly enjoyed learning more. We also met some wonderful people who I am still in touch with, thanks to the wonders of Facebook. I gave my first "reading" to a lady that was so accurate we were both in tears. That was a very moving experience that I will never forget.



At the end of the month, I made a trip down to Cornwall to meet up with ma bestie Hannah at the #Somum Mamas Retreat!! It was a wonderful weekend with fabulous, inspiring company, blissful yoga and amazing food. The most special thing was sharing the experience with women. There is definitely a different energy created by a group of likeminded women. If you havent been, I would highly recommend it. You wont regret it for a second!


This is one of my favourite photos I've taken this year. I know she won't appreciate me posting it but I love it from a photography point of view not for her unfortunate timing!

March -  My bestie came up to stay for the weekend but rather than keep her in comfort, we slept out in a park in Bath. Did I mention it was March?!  We did it to raise money for Julian House who help homeless people create a better future for themselves. It was an eye opening experience and not one I'm in a hurry to repeat. It was cold, very cold.



I drove Hannah back home to Cornwall and stayed over to meet her family too.

April - Was my birthday and I used a voucher I was given for Christmas and spoilt myself. With a friend, I went to the Thermal Baths in Bath. It is utter bliss and I'm hoping to go again this year with Hannah.



I pinched this image from Google. This is taken from the roof. It rained a little when i was there which was amazing, until we got out! 

May - I spent a lot of time in the garden digging over the dump at the bottom. I also sorted out the two benches and table. My Dad and my eldest built a 6ft gate and fence to keep the middle man in. Gradually it started to look cared for. 

June - We made a big decision to move the middle man to a new nursery due to a member of staff making him extremely unhappy. We made the right decision as he settled down within a week and is really happy at his new nursery. 

I finally managed to watch the sunrise on the Solstice from Glastonbury Tor. It was beautiful and I had wonderful company too. 

Another first for me was to watch my eldest in the Veterans Parade through town. He was marching in uniform with the Army Cadets. I have never felt so proud and emotional!

July - My husband moved out briefly in July. We talked a lot and he came back to try again. My lovely Hannah came to visit (and probably wished she hadn't!). It was a very emotional month and I wasn't really myself.

August - We had some lovely weather so I spent a lot of time in the garden. I bought a yurt at a bargain price but had to make the garden level so I could put it up.


We also went to Cornwall for the weekend to stay with Hannah. It turned out to be our last holiday with my husband but I'm glad it was a good one.

September - My husband left again, this time for good. I was 8 months pregnant with two toddlers and a teenager. The middle man was hell bent on trying to hurt his little brother as much as possible and it was a really tough time. For him to leave then, there was no way he was coming back again.
This month was spent trying not to panic about getting everything done! I managed to paint the bedroom, get a single bed and move all the rooms round. This suited us all much better and I began to get some sleep at night!

October - My princess arrived!


My beautiful girl was here and nothing much else mattered. She was the tiniest thing I had ever seen and I fell in love with her instantly. 
Recovery was the theme for this month. My lovely Hannah came to stay for a few days so i didn't have to manage on my own. It was wonderful to have a her here and some girly company too! 

November - Adjustment and decluttering was key this month. I couldn't believe how much "stuff"  we had accumulated. 7 bin bags of clothes, endless boxes of things from round the house, unused towels and bedding, shoes, coats. You name it, we got rid of it. I figured, having less stuff would mean less clutter lying about the house. 

December - We have made an amazing Christmas Tree and an Olaf snowman. We have crafted and baked and spent some lovely time together. My eldest cooked an amazing Solstice roast, has improved his grades and enrolled on some exciting challenges for the new year. 


My wonderful boys and a delicious roast dinner. 


My amazing children. Unfortunately, they all had a chest infection so were not best pleased about having their photo taken. I know it's blurry and out of focus but it just makes me laugh, especially my eldest! This is the only photo of ths four of them together. 

 Together we are settling into our new routine. We are getting along together and starting our next chapter. I am sure 2015 is going to be an amazing year for us all and I can't wait to get started. 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!