Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Dr says.....

Today I had a phone consultation with the Dr. He said I have Post Natal Depression and I'm exhausted as well as struggling with anxiety. I have to be honest, I was quite surprised. Not that I'm exhausted, I realised that, I didn't realise that I was depressed! How can you have depression and not realise it? I know some days I've felt really miserable but just put it down to a bad day or being over tired.



I have an appointment to see him tomorrow to discuss my treatment options. He said on the phone that he would recommend anti-depressants and talking to someone but I'm not too sure I want to take pills. I had some before and I still had all the same problems I just didn't bloody care about them!
I have noticed that this all worsened when I went on the pill. Sometimes my anxiety has been really bad to the point of unbearable, before the lovely 'time of the month' but this is not a guaranteed thing every month. I haven't worked out what the variables are yet so I don't know when its going to hit next. It seems to be affected by my hormone levels though. I shall see what he says tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure if I should put this sort of thing on here as its a bit personal but I suppose from a health/medical point of view it may help other people with Anxiety.

Having stayed up way too late last night  am really struggling to write this now. I'm off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire before I conk out completely and drop my laptop! Catch you tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!