Friday 9 March 2012

And on the 9th Day....

I was surprised that I felt a little guilty for not posting on here yesterday. I'm not sure if it was guilt or a bit of disappointment for not finding the time to do it. This has become a sort of daily therapy so I can look back and see how I'm improving. I suppose I feel like I skipped a session..... Naughty!


Yesterday we put the new car in for an MOT just to check it was ok. I went to see my parents while it was at the garage and had some lunch with them. The car failed which I was surprised about and disappointed as it cost us quite a bit to buy it. I suppose they are only quite minor things so I shouldn't complain. It's just crap that it's happened right after we bought the thing! We have got the parts for it now and my husband knows someone who can do the work for us so happy days. I did quite a bit of walking with the boys during the day so was quite tired by the time I got home, which is why I didn't post on here.

Today I have been at home, apart from getting the Big One from school, which has been lovely! Chaos slept for 4 hours today (he missed his sleep yesterday) so I played with Squishy, did some housework and watched the film, Secretariat. It's the true story of a famous racehorse reared and trained by a housewife. I thought it was really good, bein' a horsey gal an' all. It made me realise that I miss being with horses quite a bit. I used to work with them and had my own until the Big One came along then my attention gradually shifted towards other things (that were cheaper and less time consuming!). Trouble is when I'm around them now I sneeze non stop and if I touch my face my eyes sting and itch like mad. Seems like I have somehow developed an allergy to them.

My bestest buddy is coming to stay for the weekend tomorrow. I hardly get to see him these days as I have the boys and he works a lot so it's always fab when we catch up. We are going to see a lovely friend of mine on Saturday night. She has just found out she is being posted to Cyprus in a couple of weeks. She is having a get together before she goes. She has a crazy enthusiasm for life, is always on the go and has an infectious smile. I'm going to miss her heaps so I hope she keeps in touch!
I was feeling quite anxious about going as I don't know the other girls very well and I'm not great at social gatherings. I was really pleased that my mate said he was coming up as I wouldn't have to go on my own. Now I feel a bit guilty for asking if I can bring a guy she doesn't really know to a girly leaving do. I didn't think of it that way at the time though. I was just happy I could see two of my wonderful friends at the same time. God I'm hopeless sometimes. I told my husband how I felt and he said it was a bit late now. She said he could come so stop stressing about it. I know he's right but it's still niggling me. It probably will until I get there and she says it's all ok, then I'll stop worrying!

I've noticed that I haven't been as tired today. I had a lull about 1.30pm when I could have dozed off quite happily but otherwise today has been ok. I haven't had the almost crippling tiredness of the last week which is great. It could be down to going to bed much earlier rather than getting used to the pills. I did start to fall asleep in front of the tv about 8.30 tonight but that's a vast improvement! Having said that it is now 11.10pm so I should really go to bed. My mates train gets in at 10am so I have to be up and with it enough to pick him up!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow night! Take care and stay out of the shadows....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!