Monday 19 March 2012

Weekender.... (17 and 18)

Wow... what a weekend! Our night out, Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary AND Mothers Day!!



Saturday - we had to take the bus over for some work and it's MOT retest. Unfortunately it cost us a bit more than originally planned but the bus is back on the road so it's all good! I went to walk the dog with my friend and her two liddle doogies. It was hilarious and we nearly ended up soaked as she gave me a piggy back across the river (a shallow bit). I then nearly managed to dunk myself by trying to walk across the slime covered weir. I'm really going to miss her when she goes next week.
I am really looking forward to Friday and seeing her graduate though. I realized last night that the Big One has a teacher training day on Friday so he might be able to come too. Will have to wait and see. I'm sure he would love it and he can help me control Chaos too!! (I still can't believe I'm considering taking him in a CHURCH for a FORMAL CEREMONY!! Might just take my Diazapam just in case, I'm sure one of us will need it!! Just kidding! I'd never drug my boys,(no matter how tempting it may be!).

Back to Saturday...
We picked the bus up about lunch time and saw my parents in the car park, so I stopped to say hi while my husband took the bus home. (It's not actually a bus, just a picasso but after a corsa it feels like a bus!) Whilst talking to my Dad, my Mum asked him for the keys. As she took them she said "Right, I'm going to see Granny now, I'll pick you up on the way back." With that she drove off and left him in the car park!! Poor bloke was speechless. It still makes me laugh, mad woman! Must be where I get it from ha ha!! I took Dad home and had a quick cup of tea with him before coming home with the boys.
The Big One had gone to the skate park with his mate from next door in the afternoon. He got soaked in a downpour so needed a hot shower when he came in, bless him. He then decided to go to his Dads overnight so he could do his homework on his PC. (Ours is having a few problems at the moment.) His Dad came and picked him up.
We were still in the middle of getting ready and putting the boys to bed when my Dad arrived to babysit. We finally got out about 7.30pm and both boys asleep.. Result!
We caught the train and went to Pizza Hut to stuff our faces. We were defeated and neither of us could finish our pizza. I had the camera so we took some silly pics and messed about. Then we went to a pub and tried a few cocktails. It was so nice not to have to be responsible for a change! We just spent the whole night giggling like kids, it was GREAT!! I really miss that a lot. We used to be like that all the time but now we seem to be too serious about everything. We should definitely go out more often.

Sunday.. Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary and Mothers Day!

The day started way too early for either of our liking. Squish woke up and was chatting so loudly he woke up Chaos. I was trying to get them both downstairs so my husband could have a lie in but I failed! I was so shattered after getting up in the night twice with Squish, I ended up going back to bed for an hour or so. A bit later we had got the boys fed and off for their morning sleeps when there was a knock at the door. My friend had bought us a card and some flowers! After a cup of tea and some cuddles with Squish she had to sort more stuff out for her big move to Cyprus.
We had some lunch and headed over to see my parents and my Granny. We picked up the Big One and some flowers for my Mum on the way. It was nice to see them all, especially my Gran. She has moved into a local home but I don't get to visit her as her room is quite small and Chaos would wreck it in seconds! I will have to make more effort to go and see her. Especially as she is so close now. She said Chaos is just like me when I was little with the crazy hair and being busy all the time. My poor Mum ha ha!!

So that was about it for yesterday. It ended very much like any other. Having tea, putting the boys to bed, me falling asleep on the sofa after dinner and my husband sorting out things for work the next day.
I did realise yesterday, with our anniversary and mothers day on the same day, I am a very lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband who is also my best friend. He puts up with more from me than anyone else I know. He is so lovely and snuggly I really would be completely lost without him. I love him to little bits and pieces and wish I could put him in my pocket and take him everywhere with me!!
A friend said she hoped the boys spoilt me for mothers day. I said I'm already spoilt just having them. They are bloody amazing and I love them all soooo much I could pop! If I could pick any kids in the world I wouldn't change them at all. They are all funny, crazy, noisy, maddening, gorgeous, (occasionally) smelly, kind and giving. Most of all they all love each other and that is the most precious thing to me. I know they will all look after each other. They will probably have punch ups but I know they will be there for each other too.

I'll end on that note... My house of wonderful men. Sod the shadows and get out in the SUN!!!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!