Tuesday 17 April 2012

Choose-day .... Day 46

WoW! What a wonderful weekend I have had! I really am a lucky girl. I have been totally overwhelmed by all the birthday wishes I have received and the variety of ways they have come in. I will try to tell you all about it but where to begin....?!

I will try to remember everything it just may not be in the right order!

Saturday was lovely and sunny. We decided to have a barbq on Sunday so my husband went off to borrow his Dads. My friend came up from London to stay for the weekend so I collected him from the station. I had been doing a bit more digging in the garden so I did a bit more. The Big One went to his Dads for the weekend which was a shame but he hadn't seen him over the holidays so understandable.
We pottered about for the rest of the day. My Dad came over to babysit and we went out to Jimmy Spices for a meal. I really enjoyed it. It is an all you can eat buffet of Thai, Indian, Mexican, Chinese and Italian. There may be more but I can't remember! It is great if you want to try out new things, if you don't like it leave it and get something else. A lot of the food is quickly cooked freshly for you while you wait. Brilliant night and we all left stuffed and I was slightly tipsy. We went to a few pubs and then headed home for a nice cup of tea, coz that's how I roll! Ha ha!

Sunday was an early start with Mr Chaos. I didn't mind. We watched Cbeebies with some warm juice and pain au chocolat, great start to the day. My husband took Squish out a bit later to do some shopping. Chaos had a sleep while My friend and I did some more work in the garden. We were pretty impressed with our progress by the time my husband came back. The Big One came back as people were starting to arrive for the barbq. He called on his friend next door to come round and they both did some digging. When I went up to see how they were getting on I realised they had just filled in the hole we had just dug. I decided to just let them get on with it and sort it out later!
We all had a great afternoon followed by a normal Sunday evening of ironing, shoe polishing and getting things ready for school/work.

Monday started a bit later thanks to Chaos sleeping til 6.30! The others headed out to work and school about 8am so my friend and I just pottered about. We had some breakfast with the boys then went out for a walk. It started out as a bit of a disaster with Chaos running in the opposite direction, the dog chasing other dogs barking her head off and my friend wondering what the hell was going on! I decided after the fourth retrieval to put Chaos in the buggy and the dog on a lead until everyone had gone. Calm was restored and we had a walk in the warm sunshine. We even saw a kestrel hover and dive, although it was a bit too far for a decent photo. We came back and put the boys to bed after a spot of lunch and I opened my pressies. My friend got me a watch with a stopwatch so I can do my circuit training to prepare for our fundraising run. I love it! I might see if my husband minds me going out later for a run so I can use it. He also got me a HUGE bag of JELLIES!!!!! :)
I was given some money which I am going to save to put towards my sky dive. I am really looking forward to doing that and for such a worthwhile cause (MIND) makes it even more special. We haven't decided on a date yet but it will probably be towards the end of June start of July so we can raise as much money as possible.

I had to take my friend to the station for his 4.30 train. Chaos got a bit nervous when the train pulled in which surprised me a bit. He was soon waving though so not too traumatized! It is always great having my friend to stay and always sad when he has to go. I miss having him around all the time so it's even more special when he comes to stay. We have been friends for 14 years now, makes ya feel old doesn't it!
I was quite worn out by the time the boys gave in and went to sleep. We had a jacket potato each, soaked our feet in front of the tele, then headed off for an early night as we were both falling asleep! Yay the old folk ha ha!!

Today is back to normal. I am trying not to feel down as I have had such a wonderful weekend with lovely people. So, I am choosing to be positive and be grateful for my weekend hence the title of this post. The sun is shining so I am going to try and do a bit in the garden before my little angels wake up.

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend too! Take care folks and catch ya soon x

Shadows?? What shadows....... Pahahahahaaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!