Tuesday 24 April 2012

Training Plan - First Half

As I have already mentioned, I would like to raise money for Unicef by completing a few personal challenges. The two I am going to start training for now are the 5km run and the mile swim. This is my training plan for these two events.

The training plan I found on the web for the 5km run is spread over 8 weeks. I am going to try to stick to this. Obviously if my knee gives me trouble or I am unable to run, I may have to repeat certain weeks. I will not skip any if I miss them. I have tied in swimming with the running plan. I have no idea how tired I will be so the swimming element may also change weekly.


Daily Exercises


Twisting Sit Ups    - Week 1 = 40      Week 2 = 50        Week 3 = 60
Press Ups          - Week 1 = 15      Week 2 = 20        Week 3 = 25
Triceps Dips       - Week 1 = 15      Week 2 = 20         Week 3 = 25
The Plank           - Week 1 = 1min    Week 2 = 1.30min    Week 3 = 2min


Week 1 - 23 April


Monday - No running just daily exercises


Tuesday - Run for 1 min, walk for 2 mins. repeat 6 times and daily exercises

Wednesday - Just daily exercises

Thursday - Run for 1 min, walk for 2 mins. repeat 6 times and daily exercises

Friday - Just daily exercises

Saturday - Swim 8 lengths and daily exercises

Sunday - Run for 1 min, walk for 1 min, repeat 6 times



Week 2 - 30 April


Monday - No running just daily exercises


Tuesday - Run for 2 mins, walk for 2-4 mins. Repeat 5 times and daily exercises

Wednesday - No running just daily exercises

Thursday - Run for 1 min, walk for 1 min. Repeat 10 times and daily exercises

Friday - Just daily exercises

Saturday - Swim 10 lengths and daily exercises

Sunday - Run/walk a mile and daily exercises


Week 3 - 7 May



Monday - No running just daily exercises

Tuesday - Run for 3 mins, walk for 3 mins. Repeat 4 times and daily exercises

Wednesday - No running just daily exercises

Thursday - Run for 3 min, walk for 3 min. Repeat 4 times and daily exercises

Friday - Just daily exercises

Saturday - Swim 10 lengths and daily exercises

Sunday - Run for 3 mins, walk for 1-3 mins. Repeat 5 times and daily exercises







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!