Saturday 19 May 2012

19 May Blog Challenge




What do I collect....

I take it this is about the things we collect willingly like Stamps, Baseball Caps or novelty Tea Pots. Not the things we unwillingly collect like broken toys, odd socks and dog hair. I have never really collected anything as I usually get bored too quickly and move on to the next thing before you can call it a collection. 

I did have nearly every Mel Gibson film at one point. Even his first one, which was totally rubbish and he only had about 3 lines. You could say I was a bit of a fan. I decided to sell them as I was moving and needed the space. I also found out shortly after he had cheated on his poor wife (again) and left her and their 9 children. I think he has a baby with someone else but I really have no interest now.. Meh! 

Books, I love books! I like having reference books on things I am learning about at the time. I go through phases so the subjects vary quite a lot! I like reading those books you get in supermarkets for a few quid, "chick lit" they are great to bury your head in and escape reality. If I'm tired I can't cope with anything too heavy so the are perfect (being light as a feather!) It's like reading Heat or Take a Break so requires no intellectual effort whatsoever - Brilliant!! I usually read them and take them to a charity shop or go to the library as I rarely read the same book twice. Once you've read it you know what happens!
I read "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult which was brilliant! It was so good I don't want to watch the film and be disappointed. She is an amazing writer and I love her books. They make me laugh out loud and cry too. I made a bit of a mistake by starting "Handle With Care" when I was pregnant with Squish. A couple have a baby with severe brittle bone disease and struggle to pay the medical bills. They have to decide whether to sue the Doctor for not picking it up. If they do they may receive enough money for a lifetime of care but they will have to tell the court they would have terminated the pregnancy in front of their daughter. The Doctor is also their best friend... Very BAD choice for pregnant, hormonal woman with anxiety!! 

Picture and photos would be the other thing I have loads of. I hate blank walls. In one house I had a downstairs loo that was really gloomy so I covered the whole of the wall and door in photos, pictures, postcards and paintings. It was great! Visitors used to be in there for ages, then feel they had to explain that they took a while because they were reading. 
I have photos everywhere. We are going to have a photo wall here too and I can't wait to start it! I am trying to be a bit stricter with myself as I used to take tons of photos and never look at them again. Now I am trying to delete the naff ones and only have one angle of something rather than 6 different views of the same thing. I look back through Bigs baby pics and there are loads of him doing the same thing just in a different outfit. I'm really trying not to do that with the babies.

Dvds. My husband has a ridiculous amount of Dvds. The worst thing is, he hardly ever watches any of them! I have a few (less than 10) and the Big One also has a lot. We have a 6 foot bookcase just for dvds that hardly get played. We are also members of Love Film, Genius!

Wow, this has turned out a bit long and waffly hasn't it?! I'm sure it's because I haven't been writing my normal daily posts and I'm starting to overflow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!