Tuesday 29 May 2012

29 May Blog Challenge



  
Where Have I Travelled...

I haven't travelled to anywhere near as many places as I would like but I know I will one day.
Most of the places I have been are in this country so I'm not sure if that counts.

We went to Berlin when I was about 4 years old. My Uncle was in the RAF and was posted out there. I don't remember much other than my cousin picking on me. I also remember climbing the tower in the center of the Tiergarten with my Mum and my Aunty Heather. They were both scared of heights and spent the entire time glued to the wall. Mum was ok if she looked across, not down but Heather kept her eyes shut the whole time and had to be guided back to the stairwell! The view was amazing.

Anther family holiday to Angelsey, North Wales was entertaining when the car battery went flat so we had to push it to start it and park on hills all the time.

My last holiday with my parents was to Jersey which was amazing. We went to Gerald Durrells Zoo and toured the island. It was great to have time with them. It was also the first time I remember flying. I spent most of the time glued to the window saying wow a lot! It was on this trip I found out my Dad doesn't like flying (even though he's worked all over the world!).

I spent a summer in Paphos, Cyprus with The Big One when he was 3. That was great and my last fling with my independence. That was a brilliant summer that taught me a lot, made me grow up and accept my responsibilities.

I took my (then) little man to Disneyland Paris for his 4th birthday on Eurostar. Looking back he was too young for a lot of the rides and he doesn't remember much about it now. It was a great adventure though.

I took my husband to Belfast, Ireland for his birthday to watch Lee Evans. We stayed a few days and had a fantastic time. We went on a bus tour, the Belfast Eye and I met some of his Irish relatives.

In October last year I booked a weekend in Wales, followed by 4 days near Blackpool. That was a great week but a lot of travelling which Chaos hated. He made sure we all knew it too!

Other than visiting my In-Laws in Scotland we haven't done much other travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!