Wednesday 9 May 2012

Glossing..... Day 68

I can't think of any reasons to be cheerful today so I'm not joining in the linky. This isn't going to be a  happy or polite post so feel free to skip it. I'm not even entirely sure I want to write it but somethings you just need to air.

So here's the thing.. Things are really crap with my husband. I have tried a million times to try to talk to him but he either gives the shortest answer possible or starts to talk before making an excuse to do something else so he can change the subject. I have mentioned in a recent post that he is struggling to cope with everything but he won't do anything about it. I thought we had a great weekend, we had a chat about a few things and I thought we had come to some solutions but no. He told me today that he has arranged to work Saturday night and be on call Friday night. So much for early nights and spending time together talking then. Not only that but he has known since last Saturday and not told me.

My problem is this has been going on for ages. He keeps saying he is going to do something then doesn't do it. Everyone else is more important than us. I really have no idea how he could go to Scotland for a piss up the other week and leave Chaos being so ill. (I know I said I was over it but the paint hasn't quite dried on that one yet!) He is full of empty promises.

He also has a problem being straight with me. If he was as economical with his money as he is with the truth we would be doing quite well by now! This ranges from ridiculously insignificant things to quite important things. I have no idea why he does it but it is the one thing I hate more than anything else.

I don't know what I am trying to achieve by writing this. Just a bit of thinking space I suppose. I'm  so fed up with the situation, I don't know what else I can do. The trouble is there is only so much I can do, the rest is down to him and he's not doing anything. How long do you wait before giving up? I've tried talking but no go, I've offered to help him with his work so he is more organised and there fore less stressed about it.. nothing. I made him an appointment at the Dr. He was given forms for counselling which are still on the side in the kitchen. I have gone to bed early in the hope he will come too, he says he'll be up in a minute then comes up an hour or two later. I have been doing most of the housework again so anything he does is optional. Dinner is ready when he gets in so no stress there.

What else can I do? Seriously, I would appreciate ideas because I am all out and I'm not sure how long I can go on like this. Even the kids have noticed. Daddy is no longer the center of Chaos' world. He used to cry when he left for work and want Daddy with him all the time. Now he hardly looks up in the morning when he goes to work. Squish reacts more to the Big One than his own Dad, surely that must tell him something??

Chaos is calling and time to put dinner on.. Thanks for listening blogland x

2 comments:

  1. Sorry not to have been over for a bit.I think posts like this are what you need to clear your head sometimes.
    You remind me of me so much.I went thru a rocky patch with my husband when I was coming out of my PND. I even went to counselling. By my self.But I decided that actually, if I could have the old times back, have the man I married back, then I would still want him.I decided to just keep plodding on - making my life interesting and giving myself time. I came to realise that he was really low himself and didn't know how to cope with everything that was going on in our lives.
    I know you are different to me, but things don't change overnight. I am sure you still love each other, but right now you are hurt, both of you.
    We got thru the other side and I love my man with all my heart.To me your man sounds unhappy, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you.Life is hard for everyone involved when this sort of thing happens.
    I hope you don't mind me banging on. I hope I am helping, but I don't really know you and I might be saying the wrong things.I hope you are ok.
    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      It certainly helped getting it out in the open. My husband is feeling pretty low and is off to the Drs next week. He has filled out a depression question sheet and scored pretty highly which I thought he would. I love him to bits and want him to be happy again. I suppose this post was just having a rant and it has cleared the air. He also reads my blog so knows how I feel but I've never put anything on here that I haven't already said to him. I dedicated Motivation on Monday to him and he was pretty chuffed.
      We will be ok, I know :) It's nice to hear from you. I have been a bit slack visiting blogs lately so will sort myself out! Thanks again and take care lovely xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!