Thursday 17 May 2012

Proud Mummy Moments



WE WENT OUT! 
I know, I can't believe it either AND on a school night! 

I can honestly tell you the boys had been a royal pain in the arse the night before and weren't too brilliant yesterday either. I was, understandably, a bit apprehensive about leaving them before their usual bedtime. Me and my husband struggle putting them to bed if Chaos is being a nightmare. I was worried about leaving this task to their Grandad, who has spent time with them but not babysat them before. 

In preparation I took Chaos out in the garden in the morning and kept giving him little snacks (he is awful when it comes to food!) hoping to wear him out and feed him up so he wouldn't be all whingy by the evening. He had a sleep late morning then went back out in the garden after the school run. Ate his tea and was in bed by 6.30pm - Result!! Squish pot was also a dream and was asleep before we left. 

The evening passed and my boys slept soundly - very proud that they didn't play their Grandad up. Of course he now thinks they are easy and wondered what all the fuss is about but on the plus side, he will have them again :) 

Meanwhile, My husband and I spent the evening being entertained by the hilariously funny Dara O'Briain. I managed to sneak a photo before getting told off - naughty Mummy! Hmm, tad embarrassing.. 


As you can tell I didn't get the chance to take a clear picture so all I have is the Ready Brek man but I likes it! 

1 comment:

  1. Yea for going out! And yes, there are some ages it is easier to go once they are in bed. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!