Thursday 3 May 2012

R2BC#7




Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Wow another week has gone by so fast! Time to link up with Michelle over at Mummy From The Heart for this weeks reasons to be cheerful.

This week the biggest reason for me is that my boy, Chaos, is well again! 

Last week he got the runs which the nurse put down to teething. I wasn't too worried as he was drinking plenty but off his food a bit. Thursday he was sick a few times and spent most of the day sat on my lap so I decided to take him to the Drs on Friday. Kids always get worse over the weekend when you can't take them anywhere for a check up! She said there was nothing obvious so it could still be down to teething or it could be a virus. My biggest worry was he wasn't going to the loo. The nappy he had on from the night before was only a bit damp and his are usually soaking in the morning. (sorry if its too much info!) By teatime his nappy was still dry and I was a bit more worried. He was still up and about, even if he was a bit drippy with it. 

I decided if it was still dry in the morning I would take him to hospital or Saturday surgery for another check. I stayed up through the night giving him sips of water every hour or two to try and keep him hydrated. I last gave him some water at 4.30 after feeding Squish and his nappy was still bone dry. I was shattered so got a couple of hours sleep.

I woke up to shouting from the other room. He was awake. I went in to see him and he had a wet nappy.. HURRAH!! I was so relieved, I can't tell you! He has slowly picked up every day and is now back to his normal self which is... Chaos!!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased he is back to his normal self and is 100% again, it's horrible when they're poorly! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always scary when they are ill so glad he is ok again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing what excites us mums! lol Glad to hear your little man is well again. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!