Wednesday 11 July 2012

A Poem for The Big One

As part of my Day Zero Challenge I said I would write a poem for each of my boys. As he's the biggest, his comes first so here is the poem for the Big One.

Well, what can I tell you my wonderful boy?
The one who fills my heart with joy.
For the last 12 years you have been at my side, 
My first little boy and a source of great pride.
We've had our adventures my lad and me, 
Some big, some small and some over the sea!
He's an "Old Soul" so many have said, 
There is so much wisdom stored up in his head.
He gives me advice just when it's needed, 
But just like a fool I rarely heed it. 
A good looking lad with big blue eyes, 
He turns peoples heads which is no surprise.
Quiet and calm and evenly measured,
His wonderful company is very much treasured.
A bright little spark who is good with his hands, 
I'm lucky he doesn't make many demands.
So that is my lad with his heart of gold, 
Who will be great company when I'm wrinkly and old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!