Sunday 26 August 2012

A Sad Farewell

I am feeling quite sad as I write this post. I felt I should inform you all of a passing in the family P household. It is never an easy thing to talk about but I shall do my best.
Our lovely Mr Crabbs is no longer with us. We were given him several years ago as a sort of rescue. He was a shy little chap in our old house but had really come out of his shell (no pun intended) since we moved.


 I rearranged his tank and bought him some fresh eco soil. I also made it much deeper at one end so he could burrow if he wanted to. He loved that and made different tunnels overnight. He would make little burrows to hide in or make a tunnel under his log. He liked climbing up his log and sitting on the high bit. He spent most of his time up there when I first put it in.

I also put some stones at one end as they are used to beaches and shingle. He liked to dig about in there too. If he sat really still it was quite hard to spot him. Can you spot him?
 One of his bad habits was hiding food amongst the stones. It stank when it went mouldy so we had to find it and dig it out. 

I will miss him a lot. He used to make a funny clunk when he fell off his rock and hit the side of the tank. We have all heard it at different times in the last few days so maybe he is still clunking around somewhere where we can't see him. I hope so...

photo edited for free at www.pizap.com

2 comments:

  1. There sure is something sweet about him Kat big hugs and rip Mr Crabbs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is just the sweetest thing I have ever read xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!