Wednesday 1 August 2012

Things Are Gonna Change Around Here

Today, my brother in law is coming to stay with us for a while. He currently lives in Scotland with his Mum. Unfortunately, having finished college he hasn't had much luck finding a job. He doesn't drive and lives in a fairly rural area so transport is a problem. It's a catch 22 situation.

He is coming to stay with us as there are far more opportunities for him down here and there is more frequent transport. Fingers crossed he will be able to find something. He is also hoping to find a place of his own. I'm sure that will depend on where he gets a job. He has applied to go on the housing list but I'm not sure what his chances are.

It is going to be a bit of a squeeze here. He was originally going to stay on the sofa but as Squish has decided He would like to have some milk and watch a bit of tv about 3am, this isn't really an option. We have now decided to move Squish back into our room and put Conor in with Chaos. I know that sounds awful but actually, Chaos sleeps through the night now and is pretty good at getting to sleep. He does wake up between 6-7am so a lie in may be a thing of the past. That wont be a bad thing as Conor seems to be mainly nocturnal, if left to his own devices!

It has given me some motivation to get things sorted out around here. All the bags of baby clothes need sorting out and rehoming. There are lots of baby things hanging around that we no longer use or need which can also go. I think I might do a boot sale at the weekend if the weather is alright.

It will also be nice to have some company. Generally speaking, the only person I see is my husband. I might have a visit from my Dad or go to see my Mum if she is feeling up to it but that is all. It will be nice to have a conversation that doesn't involve a tv character or a made up word! I am quite looking forward to that bit.

Although, I am trying to see all the positives. I also have a few reservations. I wonder if this will have a detrimental affect on me and my husband. We have only just found our new "normal" and I don't want to upset that as it's taken ages to find!
I hope it wont strain the relationship between Conor and my husband. they haven't spent much time together over the last few years and both have changed quite a lot. I hope Conor mucks in and my husband doesn't get all big brother-ish with him!

Time will tell I suppose. As Squish has gone back to sleep I am going to try and grab an hour before my husband goes to work. I have a lot of cleaning and moving furniture to do today so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Its always strange at first to have someone "new" in the house, but I hope it all settles down soon. My "baby" 22-year-old Oli has decided not to go back to uni in September so will be permanently with us and job hunting, so good luck to him and Conor on that score. Are you close enough to Centre Parcs, our neighbour told us that jobs will be available there when all the uni students go back in September, so worth keeping an eye on. Joy xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!