Friday 31 August 2012

Truly Blogging Blessed!

Since I started blogging I have met the most wonderful, kind hearted people who have helped me through some of the toughest times. I have always been a bit skeptical of "meeting" people online. I always thought you can never be sure who the person really is or what their motives are. I suppose the press present everything in a negative light these days. Maybe they should highlight the positives too..

As you may know out little hermit crab passed away last week. He was a lovely, quirky little thing and his familiar clunking on the tank became part of our household noises. He pottered about minding his own business and climbed up to places that left us wondering how on earth he had managed it!

I was most upset when he died but more upset at the fact no one else seemed that bothered. I took him out into the garden and buried him somewhere quiet so he wouldn't be disturbed. I then put his tank in the outhouse ready to clean out. Nobody has said a bloody word and that is so sad.

I digress. The postman came today and was busy trying to jam something through the door that obviously didnt want to go. To save my parcel I opened the door, wondering what it was. Hand written, odd shape, a bit squishy and no return address.. Hmmm......  No idea at all. Dont remember ordering anything for the boys. Maybe it's a freebie from a kids company. I opened it up and saw two little eyes peering at me....

Embedded image permalink

I giggled like a loon at this cheeky little chap. Isn't he fabulous? So bright and cheerful. You can't help but smile when you look at him. There was a note with him. He has been sent from the most wonderful caring lady whom I have yet to meet. I have only spoken to her through our blogs and on twitter yet she has touched me enough to make me cry twice now with her heartfelt, timely gifts. I am truly blessed to have met such beautiful, lovely people through my blog!
Oh her name? Hannah, the one and only Cupcake Mumma! Whizz over to her blog now and sign up for more love sharing. In October Hannah is running a UK mug swap. We did one a few months ago and they are great fun. Go on, put your name down. It's also a great way to discover new friends and blogs!! 

Hannah, I can't thank you enough. You are amazing and I am truly touched by your heartfelt generosity! Masses of love and I must pop down your way soon for a long overdue hug! Thank you Thank you xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, isn't she a sweetie. I'm so sorry to hear that you were upset that no-one commented on the passing of Mr. Crabbie. I must admit that I was one of the ones who didn't comment :-(, sorry.
    I had Cupcake Mumma as my swap partner and her lovely gift arrived this morning. Watch my blog over the weekend when I'll reveal what I received from her xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!