Saturday 3 May 2014

Cupcake Mumma's Mug Swapperoooo!

I must apologise for this post being a bit late. Due to laptop malfunctions I have been unable to get on the internet for some time to post the much needed photos that accompany this post. So, without further ado...
I'm sure many of you knew, the very lovely Cupcake Mumma (my buddy Hannah) hosted a mug swap last month. Always up for a swap I happily stuck my name down and was partnered with the wonderful Rachel from Jaques, it rhymes with cakes blog (I love the blog name having had a similar problem with my maiden name - Gomme rhymes with Bomb!) It was a double treat as I hadn't come across Rachels blog before so I spent several hours having a nosy and Aaahhing at her creations.


Unfortunately, in my haste to post the box of goodies I forgot to take a photo of it first. Luckily Rachel let me use the pictures she took (thanks Rachel!). 
Having a hectic life, Rachel said she didn't always make it to the bottom of a cuppa. When I found this slightly smaller mug I thought it might make her feel like she had a proper break rather than feeling interrupted. I loved the quote on it too "Wait until you see what is possible when you shine your little light on the world!" I think we can all lose sight of ourselves when we are run off our feet looking after others.
I saw this hand decorated biscuit pop that seemed an ideal addition. Can't have a cuppa and no biscuit.
I thought this chocolate picture maker might be a fun alternative to the usual bar. With white and milk chocolate you can make your own pattern or message into a bar of sugary goodness. 
What swap would be complete without a cute cuddly toy?! As it was Easter(-ish) this chirping chick was perfect! 

I was hugely lucky to recieve my swap parcel on my birthday!! I don't know if Rachel planned that but it was a wonderful surprise. I couldn't believe how much was packed into the box. A tin of danish butter biscuits and a pack of gingerbread men have to be my favourite types of biscuits! Some yummy cereal bars which were hidden in my bag away from the boys and were perfect when I got caught waiting for an appointment and got peckish. Some chocolate sachets for a bedtime treat and a choc blok spoon for some more yummy hot chocolate. The mug is a little ice cream with sparkly jewels on it  and a strawberry on top (which the boys instantly loved!). If all that wasn't enough, Rachel had taken the time to make me a lovely coaster and crochet a heart and a flower which are my favourites. I would love to learn how to crochet but never seem to find the time. Maybe one day... 

Rachel, thank you for my lovely parcel of wonderful goodies. Some are wonderful and the others were delicious! :o) x

Hannah, thank you again for hosting another fabulous mug swap! Same time next year lovely?! ;o) x







2 comments:

  1. Did your mug come with a lid top too! I love my cupcake mug! Both these swaps look fab thanks for taking part ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you liked everything x x x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!