Thursday 26 June 2014

Time Out with Squish

With Chaos playing happily in his new nursery, I am now able to spend some very valuable time alone with my little Squish monster. He has always been over powered by his older brother, such is his easy going nature, so it is lovely to give him the chance to choose what we do twice a week. He is at a point where he wants some independence too so it has all happened at just the right time.

Squish loves animals so it was no surprise to me that he wanted to go to the local animal center for our first morning alone. It's a lovely place and is only a couple of pounds to get in. Most of the staff have learning difficulties but they are very friendly and great at their jobs. I love going as much as Squish if Im honest!

For a whole pound you can buy three bags of food for the rabbits, goats and chickens. This is a must and Squish loves it. He is so gentle and the animals seem to know he wont hurt them. They gather round him, whether he has food or not!

The bunnies are the first as you come in. There are several types but my favourites are the giants. They are a peachy colour and so soft. They come bounding over for their food and let you stoke them quite happily. I nearly put our name down for one of the babies before I remembered the dog!

Next is the paddock of goats.  They are always jostling for space by the fence to be fed. There is one little one that always butts the others out of the way. I hold the bag of food in front of him and shake it while I sneakily feed the others. Squish loves them too but doesn't understand "why they have to push each other", bless him.



Next he wanted to feed the chickens and geese so we headed round the corner. I didn't realise quite how feisty some chickens can be when it comes to food. One of the hens nearly took off with the whole bag of chicken food! Cheeky madam! Squish was totally mesmerised by the geese. We gave them the last few bits of food after feeding the chickens. They make such a racket about nothing, they make me laugh.


We spent some time playing on the slide and the mini golf before carrying on round to see the pigs. Squish loved being able to run about and choose what we did. He asked several times where Chaos was so I think he missed him a bit.


It may not look it but this is a huge mound, especially for such a little chap! Chaos usually shouts at him for going up there as he is "only little". This is as far as he got before he came down again. I think he just wanted to see if he could climb up there.  Maybe next time he will go all along the top and down the other side.


We both love the pigs. They are Kune Kune pigs and they love grass. There is a black and white one that was lying down when I took this. I had a bit of apple in my bag so I split it between them which went down really well! They also had three little piglets in the next run. They were very sweet and came running over when we called them. Unfortunately, one of them nibbled poor Squishys fingers and he was most upset. He said he was being nice and thought they had done it on purpose.  Poor little Squish.

We had to head back after that to get Chaos from nursery but we wandered past the ponies on the way. They were too busy munching grass in the shade to come and say hello. Squish loved to see them all the same. He told everyone they are ponies not horses, shaking his head as he said it. Love him.

I wonder where our next adventure will be...

1 comment:

  1. Love him so gorgeous. Looks like a lovely place to take the little ones. So nice to get quality time too xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!