Saturday 3 January 2015

Design A Christmas Tshirt

Generally, I don't do reviews but this one sounded great fun for the boys to do over the Christmas holidays. We were sent a parcel from buytshirtsonline with everything we needed to design some amazing tshirts. What better way to start the new year than by getting creative! 
Everything we needed was in the pack. Four festive iron on transfers, a pack of fabric paints, some fabric glue, some holly confetti and instructions for the transfers.


The boys decided on the same transfer to go on the back of their shirts. The middle man wanted the reindeer to go on the front of his too.

After trimming round the transfer, I put it in the middle of the tshirt. 

 I gave it a couple of minutes on the hottest setting. When it came to peeling the backing off, it was quite difficult to get the first bit. Once there was enough to get hold of peeling it back was easy.


Our first attempt wasn't long enough and the transfer ripped a little bit so I put the backing back down and ironed it for a bit longer. That seemed to do the trick so when I peeled the backing off again not only had it stuck down but it was no longer torn either!


There was a little corner of the transfer that hadn't stck to the tshirt so I got the backing paper and put it over the lose bit to give it another iron. This worked perfectly but unfortunately some of the colour on the backing paper also came off onto the tshirt. You can see the yellow patch in the photo above.


The boys really concentrated on colouring their Tshirts. It kept them occupied for quite a long time which was great. They really enjoyed designing them and couldn't wait to try them on!


I hung the tshirts up to dry for two days just to make sure some of the thicker patches of paint had a chance to dry out too. This morning the boys put their shirts on for the first time and looked really pleased with them.


This was a great idea and the boys have a lasting result of their craftiness. I would have liked some more instructions with the fabric paints and glue so I know what temperature to wash them on without ruining the shirts (or my machine!). The tshirts are Fruit of the Loom so are good quality that wont stretch or come unstitched (a common problem in this house!).
I also had a tshirt in the box so I could design one too but I am saving mine to do when the boys go back to nursery so I can concentrate!

Thank you buytshirtsonline for a wonderful Christmas craft idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!