Saturday 10 November 2012

Bigs Questions and Answers

I asked my eldest son some questions about me and our home life. Not one to let me down, he has been really honest. Unfortunately, due to the constant needs of the little ones, Big doesn't get as much time or attention as he used to. I feel awful about this and am constantly trying to think of ways around it. I find that he is spending more and more time in his room on the xbox, at his Dads or round his mates houses. I feel like I barely see him and that is really upsetting. I feel like I am failing him as he disappears in to Tweenagedom.
Reading his answers are a harsh reminder of the situation. I wish I could be the Mum he wants and deserves before I run out of time. I hope he realises how much I love him too.

Here are Bigs Questions and the exact answers he gave.

1. How would you describe yourself?
Helpful, creative, I give up easily

2. How would you describe me?
Sometimes grumpy, tired

3. What do you think of me as a Mum?
Caring and helpful

4. If you could change anything about me, what would it be?
Spend more time with me

5. What's it like to be a big brother?
Annoying, boring and ok

6. How have things changed since your brothers arrived?
I'm always on my own, don't do much anymore


7. How do you think I feel about you?
Annoying because I get into trouble, boring

8. If you could tell me anything at all what would it be?
 Don't know

9. What is the best and worst thing about me?
Best thing: You give me money.
Worst thing: You're grumpy

10. What is your favourite family photo and why?
Don't know

Asking these questions have made me realise the areas that we/I need to work on. I am not entirely sure how yet but I'm going to try really hard to make a difference. Maybe I will do these questions again in 6 months and compare the answers for improvements.

2 comments:

  1. Those answers are kind of heartbreaking. I really hope you can schedule in some time and work on you relationship. Hopefully it's up from here!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Big age gaps - it's hard, I know Betsy prob wishes she has more from me- but the little ones needs are always more life-threatening/urgent. I try to make sure we go out for coffee or something once a month - just for some time on our own and a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!